The SunGate Library mission is to develop literacy, information literacy, teaching, learning, and culture through core school library services.
- To support and enhance educational goals of the school.
- To promote a life-long love of reading of both fiction and nonfiction and to appreciate both.
- To encouraged learners to use their imagination and to use information for knowledge, understanding, imagination and enjoyment.
- To provide access to resources in various formats to expose learners to divers ideas, experiences and opinions.
- To promote ethical use of information and intellectual property, and to emphasize the importance and value of academic honesty.
- To encourage learners to wonder, to be amazed, to satisfy their appetite for learning about new things, and to feed their own natural story telling skills..